Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Indian Music going mainstream

As I was mentioning in my previous post, East Indian music has started to go mainstream. From what I can remember while I was a child, I remember the artist by the name of Apache Indian, who fused raggae into Indian music. Boy, did Apache Indian represent Punjabi Music with his raw raggae lyrics fused into Punjabi music. It was never done before and was an instant success. To my knowledge, Apache was the first artist in Indain Music to hit the mainstream market, and now he is known worldwide performing for artists in the Punjabi Music industry from A-Z. Punjabi Music has evolved into a bigger market and riled up interest in this genre of amongst the Indians worldwide. I remember the single 'Chok De' and 'Boom Shaka A Laka' as the two best Apache Indian tracks ever. I remember the line '...Sweet like jalebi...' as one of the chorus lines in the track 'Chok De'. Apache Indian now has a wider music fan base and is very successful in the Indian Music industry.