Friday, October 17, 2008

Indian Music Artists Show/Concert Rates

Just decided to do a post on some Indian Music artists/singers that do live performances around the world here. I have enquired about the industry's most sought after artist - Lehmber Hussainpuri. He charges 5 lakhs Indian rupees ($12,500), plus return airfare from India which is another $2200 plus Visa/Embassy fees probably around $1000. Total cost will be around $15,000! Plus a live band + PA would cost around $2,000 at the bare minimum. I had enquired for a family function. As well, I enquired about Sardara Gill + live band, and DCS + live band. Sardara Gill is around 3600 UK pounds ($7500), and DCS is around the same as well.

The rates I received and quoted for was a family function. Instead I will stick with homeboy, local talent K.S. Makhan who is my Pindu (fellow villager back home in India).